Joanna McGrath, MSN, CNM, WHNP
- Georgetown University - Midwifery
- University of Pennsylvania - Perinatal Nursing
- Undergrad: Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia BSN Nursing
About the Provider
I knew very early on in my nursing career that I wanted to work in Women and children’s health. I have spent most of my career as a labor and delivery nurse at various hospitals in Philadelphia. I also worked as a nurse educator for undergraduate nursing students at Villanova University in Pennsylvania. I proudly worked with the American Academy of Pediatrics on a special project to investigate and prevent accidental deaths in children in the state of Pennsylvania. I went to midwifery school to be able to help women become partners in their obstetrical and gynecological care. My experiences as a midwife in New Jersey have been exceptional and I have loved every aspect of providing care to women from teen through menopause. My favorite part of my job is educating women about their obstetrical and gynecological health care. I am looking forward to providing care to girls and women in Lowcountry.
Honors and Publications:
- 1999 Pennsylvania Public Health Association Merit Award for the Child Death Review Project
- Trout,K., McGrath, J. (2012) A Pilot Study to Increase Fruit and Vegetable Intake in Pregnant Latina Women. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 3 (1) 2-5.
Scrapbooking, walking on the beach, bike riding, tasting good wines, jazz music and spending time with my husband, 3 daughters that live all over US-CA, NJ, PA and walking my dog Caleb. My goal in coming to South Carolina is to learn and play golf!!!