Erica Downey, MD FACOG
Board Certified Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Downey has been a practicing OB/GYN physician for 6 years in Northeastern Ohio. She is eager to join the team at Riverside Women's Care and to bring her passion for women's health to the Lowcountry. Dr. Downey enjoys caring for women during all stages of their life journey and has special interests in adolescent gynecology and pelvic floor repair. Dr. Downey brings a holistic viewpoint to her practice and believes in the treatment of the "whole person".
Erica Downey, MD is moving to South Carolina with her husband, three children and her parents. Dr. Downey enjoys playing golf, playing and coaching softball, practicing yoga and is prepared to explore all that Lowcountry has to offer.
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Northeast Ohio Medical University – Aultman Hospital, Canton, Ohio (2011)
- Doctor of Medicine - Northeast Ohio Medical University – Rootstown, Ohio (2007)
- Magna Cum Laude – Bachelor of Arts in Biology; minor in Chemistry- Malone University – Canton, Ohio (2003)
Certifications & Honors:
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification – December 2013
- CREOG National Faculty Award 2013-2014
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- President’s Certificate of Merit Award – Central Association of OB/GYN